How Can I use these spaces?
Whether you are and educator, a student or in an area of industry or the public sector use of the Stand and island 18 is possible. If you have an idea, if you can visualise or imagine a location or a use for immersion in eighteenth-century London or historical period, then perhaps we can create it. Remember, however, that these sites are primarily for educational purposes and are funded and conducted within a public university so your ideas must be ‘appropriate’. Sites may also be limited by special demands.
How can I get involved?
The potential uses for The Strand and Island 18 is vast. Consider the following:
- Do you have a course or an idea for a course that could incorporate these sites into the curriculum?
- Do you have a higher degree student who might be interested in a project within The Strand or Island 18?
- Would you like to host events, public lectures or meetings between colleagues in real time and without the time and with less expense of holding such events?
- Do you have an idea for a simulation, role play or re-enactment that could use this space?
- Would you like to construct a virtual gallery, museum or archive?
- Would you like to have an office in Georgian London?
- Would you like to deliver or hear a lecture delivered by a guest lecturer by a scholar at a different university?
- Are you an expert in a related field (such as book binder or printer) who might like to share your practical knowledge?
Island 18 Faculty Office
Island 18 Conference/Seminar Room
For more information please contact:
Dr Carol Matthews
Lecturer and Project Manager, ‘Getting A MUVE On: Developing Web 2.0 Curricular in
the Australian Humanities’ in the
School of History and Politics
University of Adelaide,