The E. Harold Davies Scholarship for Organ
Whereas the sum of $800 (subsequently increased to $1,000)*, raised by private subscription, has been paid to the University for the purpose of founding a scholarship to commemorate the work of E. Harold Davies, Mus.Doc., F.R.C.M., who for twenty-eight years was Elder Professor of Music and Director of the Elder Conservatorium, it is hereby provided that:
- There shall be a scholarship for organ playing to be called "The E. Harold Davies Scholarship for Organ" which shall be tenable at the Elder Conservatorium.
- The annual value of the scholarship shall be $250 and shall be tenable for three years.
- A candidate for the scholarship shall be a permanent resident of Australia and shall have been resident in the State of South Australia for at least one year prior to the award of the scholarship.
- If, in the opinion of the examiners, no candidate at any examination shows sufficient merit, the scholarship shall lapse for the period of one year, after which it shall be offered again. In the event of no award being made, the Director of the Elder Conservatorium may award an exhibition equal to the value of the scholarship for one year to a student of the Conservatorium of outstanding merit.
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the scholarship shall not be changed.
*Increased in 1973, by capitalisation of accumulated income, to $1,400.